Thursday, January 9, 2014

PXD Hiatus

I want to be frank about this and not spend a huge amount of time writing it. This is long overdue, but I've had the Let's Play of PXD on hiatus ever since Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced. I had to buckle down and prepare for one of the biggest game releases of my lifetime. I wanted to finish all of XD over the summer, but I kept dividing my attention to other things and once the school year started up became too preoccupied with third year Japanese to do much but scrape by on CFPro.

I'm still sorting out what to do at this point, but a friend reminded me that I need to follow my heart. And while I love Pokemon and received XY for Christmas--currently building up to my third badge--following my heart right now means Kingdom Hearts. I've also been deeply interested in the Zelda series, but this is more of a passing interest in the games as art. It's tempting to expand Shadow Rush into a more general Nintendo blog, but I want to focus on KMR right now. I was surprised to find that my coverage of the Cipher Lab is basically complete, although the boss fight video was recorded before I got a new computer and has no sound. There are still some blanks to fill in before it's ready for publication. One issue is that the stuff I've written for PXD is really some of the best writing on video games I've ever turned out, so it's very tempting to go right back into Pokemon. I'm young and impulsive. It wouldn't be difficult to do either, because I recorded my whole playthrough here, so I know exactly where I left off. But I think that the best option is to leave PXD completion for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment